World Autism Awareness Week is an internationally recognised week which will be starting on the 29th March to the 4th April 2021. The week is centred around World Autism Awareness Day which is on Friday 2nd April, but schools and employers are encouraged to celebrate the whole week.
During the full seven days, people across the UK will take part in activities to raise money and awareness of autism.
There are around 700,000 people in the UK that are on the autistic spectrum which is more than 1 in 100. If you are to include their families, then autism is a part of 2.8 million people’s daily lives.
Autism doesn't just affect children, research suggests that over 60% of autistic adults are unemployed. Many of them experiencing mental health problems or loneliness.
How To Get Involved
Autism Awareness Lunch and Learn
- What autism is
- How does autism present itself
- What skills does an autistic individual have
- What are the benefits of employing autistic individuals
- How do you support autistic employees in the recruitment process and workplace
- How to start an Autism Awareness movement in the workplace
Use the form below to get in touch, receive case studies and enquire about pricing.
National Autistic Society Super 7 Challenge
Take on a 7 themed challenge to help raise funds for the National Autistic Society. You could make it an organisation wide initiative and get everyone doing their bit.
- Fundraising support from their events team
- A digital events pack with ideas and inspiration
- A free spectrum t-shirt
- A medal and digital certificate
- Employees could run, swim or cycle 7k
- Do a super 7 organisation wide zoom workout
Find out more here
Hold An Online Quiz
Download the National Autistic Society's autism awareness quiz in your workplace teams and help your colleagues learn about autism in a fun and engaging way.
Download it here