Latham & Watkins, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking undergraduates to join our London Business Services Placement Program.
As one of the largest law firms in the world, Latham’s commitment to attracting the best and brightest talent has greatly contributed to the Firm’s success. Driven by the belief that our strongest asset is our people, Latham & Watkins is dedicated to fostering an environment that supports personal and professional development.
Latham’s global platform, unique collaborative culture, and deep resources provide unparalleled opportunities for career progression, whilst also offering employees a chance to participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefits program. This includes a pension plan, health insurance, wellness program, employee discounts and much more.
The paid internship program offers undergraduates the opportunity to gain one year of invaluable professional experience in a premier law firm. The Business Services Trainee will provide administrative and project support to the assigned department. Previous intern opportunities have been offered in the following departments: Human Resources, Office of the General Counsel, Business Development, Attorney Development and Office Projects, and Attorney Recruiting.
Essential duties include:
- Participates in general business skills training and department-specific training led by manager, supervisor, or team member.
- Shadows members of the department to gain exposure and insight into day-to-day tasks and responsibilities within the respective department.
- Completes administrative tasks and projects as assigned in order to develop relevant skills.
- Provides a high level of customer service to internal and external clients.
- Utilizes programs such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint to file and track department records and create materials as requested.
- Organizes and files department-specific materials.
- Provides first point of contact coverage and support for the assigned department. Directs queries to appropriate parties and ensures follow up in a timely manner.
- Assists with maintaining the department’s databases, including collecting and inputting data.
Eligible candidates need to be in their penultimate year of study of a sandwich degree course, or in a position to take a year off during the degree. The successful candidates need to be on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or above and have achieved at least 120 UCAS points or equivalent at A-Level. Work experience or a previous internship in a business environment preferred.
We are looking for bright, talented, naturally ambitious candidates who are highly motivated, possessing advanced Microsoft Office skills, as well as demonstrating a strong level of written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and a customer service orientation. The successful candidates should have well-developed organisational skills to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines. Candidates should also have the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion and the ability to work in a team environment. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the Apply Now link.
Please note that the deadline to apply for this one-year internship is Monday 15 March however, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage early submission. If you are successful, you will be invited for a video interview once applications close.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enable Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit lathamwatkins-openhire.silkroad.com.