Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our dynamic Security Operations Centre at Atos with a specific purpose to provide Security analysis and investigation support to all BAU Cyber Security activities for multiple clients! Atos Cyber Security is one of the fastest growing areas of Atos! The role requires working within a 24×7 SOC operational support environment incorporating a tiered Security support model across wide Security support functions.
Your main objective will be to proactively protect an organisation by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and handle cyber threats. This can include protection of computers, data, networks and applications.
Your Day-to-day Responsibilities As a Security Analyst
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity.
- Use advanced analytic tools to resolve emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Investigate and document security breaches and other cyber security incidents and provide incident response.
- collaborate closely with partners in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay ahead on IT security trends and news.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a Security Operations environment or similar.
- .A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT.
- SC level Security Clearance along with Office for Nuclear Regulation clearance.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security, application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus.
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies.
- Verbal communication skills- presentation skills, capability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals.
- Time-management and organisational skills to handle various tasks, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Superb attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and work under stress, particularly when taking care of threats and at times of high demand.
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) is an advantage.
- Network IDS/IPS management, maintenance, support, monitoring, security event investigation and reporting (solid understanding of McAfee or Sourcefire IDS/IPS solutions is also considered an advantage.
- WAF (Web Application Firewalls), as well as working knowledge of Imperva or F5 WAF products.
- In this role, you will be required to work on a rotation shift pattern. This consists of 12 hour shifts with a mixture of days and nights. The rota only requires working 2 weekend shifts per month.
- Role requires base physical location in Atos Birmingham Business Park offices; own transport preferred for the support shift coverage.
Here at Atos, we want all our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.atos.net.